April 26, 2021
You already know this- Summer 2021 is going to be different.
If you haven’t already predicted the outcomes, there is a small list of facts to consider.
– Travel restrictions are going to make it difficult for you to leave the country to go home- the grandparents and cousins that ideally would keep your child entertained, are not going to be around to do so.
– Most parents are likely to work for at least 1 of the 2 months of their child’s summer vacation period.
– Children are likely to be indoors the majority of the time. They’re very likely to get bored.
Between travel restrictions, increasing work-related responsibilities, and your child’s vacation needs, you are bound to get flustered. You are very likely to spend a lot of your time thinking about how you are going to ensure that your child gets their daily dose of mind and body stimulus, especially when they are about to spend most of their time indoors.
Let’s get right to it then-
Here are a few ideas for you to try, to ensure that your and your child’s summer flows smoothly and productively!
All businesses have begun functioning online due to the current situation, including learning centers, talent institutes, and… literally every other service/product industry.
First and foremost, we strongly suggest enrolling your little ones in Online classes for talent-based skill acquirements. Be it singing, dancing, or theatre, your child can learn them all from the comfort of your home. And you can watch it!
These classes are not only useful in mitigating your child’s boredom- but they are also responsible for your child’s overall development.
– New hobby/ talent acquisition. By that, we NOT ONLY mean that your child will be able to perform like Beyonce in a crowd of 20K (throwback to physical concerts), there’s also the developmental by-products such as an increase in mobility, literacy, and the ability to grasp information.
– Knowledge. All performing arts institutes also teach your child history and culture, having them belong to a whole community of creative individuals, helping them hone their creative instincts at the same time.
Making chores a fun idea is as simple as creating a game and an R&R system.
Whoever folds the most clothes (well) and the fastest, gets to choose the next board game to play/ movie to watch.
This is the ideal two-birds-one-stone situation that ends with your house looking spectacular and spotless, your children being entertained, and your time being saved or spent well.
Give us 10 points for this idea by hitting the “like” button on our latest Instagram post.
How often do you find yourself at home with your little one, not knowing what to do next to help them utilize their hyperactive energy? If the answer is anywhere close to “quite often,” you need schedules.
Plan out your and your child’s everyday to-do list. Specific times for tasks, activities, naps, and meals.
Basic Guidelines- Include an hour of TV time, an hour of board games for the whole family, an hour of reading, an hour of practicing art, an hour of playtime with their friends (safely and under regulations), or anything else you deem fit for your child/ren and yourself.
This also becomes the perfect opportunity for you to induce discipline- yes, the big D word- in your child, in a fun way. The structure is very important in your child’s life, making sure that their mind and body needs are met.
This is for that one month in which you may not be present to look after your little one. Nannies, babysitters, and childcare service providers are your best friends! Like an extra member of the family, you cannot make do without.
There are plenty of home care providers, but we strongly suggest Emirates Home Nursing!
Emirates Home Nursing Child Care services are not limited to nurses watching over your child, feeding them, and ensuring they sleep.
There are several added benefits of hiring childcare specialists:
Pro tip- Book Emirates Home Nursing’s babysitting services during this year’s summer vacations and get a free week of the service within the same period.
All said and done, try to make the most out of summer 2021 with your little one/s. Learn with them, about them, about yourself, or about whatever your interests lie in. And be patient- things are not all bad, but they can be better. Stay safe and stay home and have a good time.
We hope you and your little ones have the best summer!